Monday, March 5, 2007

Demetrius Shaw when California meets the Midwest!









Written by Edward Carl
Friday, 02 March 2007

Edward: Welcome to Connex247 family Demetrius. It´s really nice to have you with us. What are your personal and professional interests?
Demetrius: I'm am currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. I am a double major in Psychology and Marketing... Modeling has always been a dream of mine and now that school is winding down I feel like I'm actually able to attempt to make my dream come true. Ive always stayed very active and have been playing sports, mainly volleyball, swimming and diving, my whole life.
Edward: Tell us about how you decided to become a model? What do you think about modeling world?
Demetrius: I had been told by a lot of my friends, some of them models themselves, that I had a great look and they thought I could do it. I decided to become a model after I posted my myspace profile. I got a lot of amazing feedback on just simply my candid everyday pictures and some amazing photographers took notice and took a chance on me, not only showing me the ropes but giving me some amazing networking opportunities.

I just fell in love with how I felt in front of the camera as well as being able to see the results of how hard I worked both in front and behind the camera. Now I feel like I have a close relationship with them and it's great that I have so much fun working with them.
Edward: Tell us about some of your modeling assignments. Which fashion designers you would like to work for and why?
Demetrius: I've mainly done some artistic nudes and some editorial work as well as my initial high fashion shots for my portfolio... I would really love to break in to the high fashion world. My dream job would to ultimately work for Dolce & Gabana.
Edward: How do you rate beauty and elegance in your life? Do you think these attributes really help a person to be well succeeded a career?
Demetrius: I don't think beauty is a very high priority in my life, however with that said I do take very good care of myself. I feel as though when i feel groomed and well taken care of on the outside i feel so much better and carry myself with a lot more confidence. Elegance is pretty important to me as well. I was raised in a VERY open, loving and respectful environment. I'm very close to my family and I owe everything I am today to them.
Being physically attractive can only get you so far. Someone with the most beautiful face could have a completely ugly personality and no one will want to work with them. Being personable is every bit as important as having a look in this industry. You cant just walk in and think that this business owes you something, because it doesn't.
Edward: Are you a fashion guy? What do you like to wear when u are not working as a model?
Demetrius: HAHA, I like this question... I consider myself a fashion guy. Not because of what I wear, but how I wear it. I have a really clean cut style... I love to wear a pair of jeans mainly, some are destroyed others are classic, depends on what I'm wearing with it. I also like to rock a classic pair of cargo pants. I guess my style could best be described as Southern California meets the Midwest.

I love the southern Cali style but with me being from the mid-west I tend to take that style and tone it down slightly. Love to wear button up shirts as well as some fashionable vintage t-shirts. For dressy occasions I've never really found myself to be a tie guy. I love to wear a classic zip up sweater and a pair of clean cut slacks.
Edward: What are the great influences on your life?
Demetrius: I'd be completely lying if I didn't say my parents. My Mother is the strongest woman I know. I know that's very cliche' but it's the truth. My Dad has gone through a lot in the past year and I can only pray that I come out with as great an attitude as he has after everything. This may sound a little weird, but my fashion icon is actually Enrique Iglesias... I just love his sense of style.
Edward: Friendship, love and human rights. Do you think we now live in a better world concerning these issues?
Demetrius: As far as friendship goes, we do live in a great world. People are a lot more open to becoming friends with all different kinds of people that they normally wouldn't have in the past. I think this mind set ends up happening after someone goes through their college years.
About love... I think we live in a generally loving world. We get to see mainly ugly stuff on the news, but every so often you get to hear an uplifting story and I try to generally think positive about the world... With that said, I am actually very defensive when it comes to my own heart. Ive been hurt a few times in my past and it has made me a little hard around the edges, but I feel it's for the best.
Human rights... Those who don't learn from the history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. I feel by passing constitutional amendments to deny gay people the right to marry we are repeating those mistakes. The US constitution was designed to protect the right of all US citizens and keep all men and women equal. I don't believe this is right by any means.
Edward:. If u could choose 5 most important things for your which ones u´d choose and why?
Demetrius:

Read More:

http://www.connex247.com/c-now/demetrius_shaw_when_california_meets_midwest.html

No comments: